5 Hens Party Ideas (That don’t involve Strippers)
Are you a bride or bridesmaid looking for the ultimate Hens Party inspiration in and around Perth/ Down South?
A modern twist for something a bit more relaxed and classy?
Looking for the perfect weekend retreat?
Too busy thinking about the wedding to plan and wanting someone to do all the work for you?
We had a chat to Jasmine at The Holistic Hen who specialises in retreats in Perth and Down South, the perfect solution!
Scroll on down for more ideas on where to start…
1. The Holistic Hen
2. Op-Shop (Wedding Dress) Rummage
- Hire a bus and start at the best op-shop you know, Give everyone a 10-minute time limit to run in and create the best outfit they can, then go back to a house and turn on the disco tracks
- Make it a tragic wedding theme where everyone comes dressed in their best/ worst op-shop wedding dresses – this probably works better if your friends are chilled out and enjoy a laugh and don’t care what they look like/ try to legit outdo the bride and go and buy a white dress from Coco and Lola lol
3. Bridesbabe Escape
Wanting just an intimate escape with your closest babes?
How about a lux escape at Empire Retreat – grab a bus and hop on a wine tour although you probably won’t want to leave the accommodation!
Wanting all the girls, mums and Aunties involved?
4. Backyard Picnic & Cocktail Making
A backyard picnic is perfect to get your DIY skills on, perfect for creative bridesmaids wanting to create a magical wonderland.
Get the boys involved beforehand to make you a bar and hang up some festoon lighting.
Check out my Pinterest Board here for some decor ideas.
Needing help? Instead of topless waiters try The Crafty Barman who will serve up whatever you give them and teach you how to make your own cocktails!!
5. High Tea Bridal Shower
Perfect for a morning or afternoon tea casual celebration.
STEPS TO PLANNING
- Check in with the bride. I’m guessing being besties you will have some sort of idea as to what she will like but get a few initial thoughts, do’s and dont’s on what she definitely wants or doesn’t want (stripper/penis straws/ inappropriate question games if your mum will be there!).
- Start an Invite List. If you’re using Facebook to create the event let her invite all her bests then kick her off the group. Ultimately you want to do this a few months in advance, not like me the week before.
- Get the bridesmaids together and start planning. An excuse to catch up with the girls for cocktails? Yes please! This is a great way to also get to know the other bridesmaids if you don’t already.
- Start a to-do list, draw on people’s strengths or what they might have access to like a venue, creative skills, creative friends (florists, makeup artists, cake makers etc) and divi up tasks.
- Start collecting props and party favours
- Decide on games and how many activities to do/ how embarrassing they can be! Get in early if asking her partner questions for the game on how well do they know each other.
- Decide on dress code or not
- Want to dress the bride yourself? What will she wear – Great ideas include asking her wedding florist to make her a flower crown and her makeup artist to do her makeup.
- Go crazy decorating! Think balloon garlands (DIY instructions on Pinterest will help), grazing tables are all the rage,- get fancy with popping edible flowers in ice trays, go to the local flower market the day before and grab some pretty bunches to create your own flowers
- Work out transport
- Keep costs down as much as possible by doing DIY