- Sign your intent to marry!
This needs to be done before 1 month prior to your wedding date. Don’t do what I did and realise that one month out and you still don’t have a celebrant…oops
- Meet with your Celebrant
There will be another form you need to sign before the ceremony can begin too so work out when you will do this.
- Send out Invitations
Apparently, the general rule is 6-8 weeks prior – I guess this way people hopefully already know your date from Save The Date cards but they don’t lose the invite or forget to rsvp – make sure rsvp is at least 3 weeks prior – and a week before you need to know final numbers because there is always someone that’s lazy and forgets.
- Book Transport – unless you just need an Uber to and from the venue
- Go shopping for finer details like underwear, lingerie, bridesmaid getting ready outfits (don’t have to be matching robes), jewellery, shoes (try them and underwear on with your dress if possible – you’ll be surprised how many brides/maids do this on the day and realise they are visible or ride up)
- Finalise your food menu
Yuuum, send this to the Stationary company or start designing the menus yourself for sit down weddings. For cocktail style weddings we just had a couple of pretty food menus on the bar in case anyone with dietary requirements wanted to have a squizz.
- Finalise Bouquet and Boutonniere numbers and flowers – Try not to make the boutonnieres too big and ask for two pins to help them stay upright
- Decide on wedding gift Favours (or not) – you don’t need to do these and most people will leave them behind
- Start to finalise timing for the day inc. speeches, MC – make sure to update your photography timeline in your online portal
- Choose your Wedding ring bands
There is more to wedding bands than the standard ring. Check out Grew & Co, Natalie Marie Jewellery, Steven Anderson or Rohan Jewellers can design something custom to stand out from the crowd and make something more you
- Send the run sheet with bump in / out times to all vendors – confirm ALL bookings.
- Pay balances on invoices – Start chipping away so they don’t all come at once
- Book Beauty appointments – eyebrows, eyelashes, tans, nails etc
- Book a date night with your lover and promise to go the whole night without talking wedding!