My name is Kate.
I am a young photographer in Perth who likes to travel, take photos of pretty things and make people look awesome.
I love Perth. How cool is that bell tower.
I was born and raised in sunny South Africa.. and no, I did not have a pet lion.
I moved here to Perth and went to Curtin University.
There i learnt a lot. Like about student loans and beer pong.
I now work as an undercover super hero, and moonlight as a professional photographer shooting
Model Portfolios, Weddings, Designer Look Book catalogues, Fashion, Events, Aerial and Commercial Projects around Australia.
I also run Smile Perth! an Open Photo Booth which is a great way to make your
wedding receptions, work functions and birthday parties more fun and lets your guests get some really good looking photos too!
I have two pieces of paper that say:
- BA in Design (Graphic Design & Photography)
Best Photographer at the Curtin University Graduation Exhibition.
- Diploma in Secondary Education (Photography, Art, Physical Education and Society & Environment)
Some pretty decent folks I have worked with:
• The West Australian Newspaper, Albany Advertiser, The Herald, Scoop Magazine, Stray Magazine
• Photographer for Bridal Options Magazine 2012
• Aerial Photography for Airscape images and CiC Events
• Media & Events Photography shooting for clients such as:
Sir Elton John, Billy Joel, Rihanna, Snoop Dog, Akon, Jimmy Barnes, Lupe Fiasco, Tiny Tempah, Travie McCoy & Will.i.am.
Events: Summadayze Music Festival, Future Music Festival, The Big Day Out & Perth’s Red Bull Air Race.
• 92.9fm, mix 94.5fm, Lux Events,
Sydney Events Photography & inthemix.com.au music website
• Assisting renowned fashion photographer Nicole Bentley
• Photo Retouching for Peridot™ London, Ruth Tarvydas, Bella B Wear and many more
• Website Design for small businesses – SEO, social media marketing help.
If you have got this far, we must be friends..
Flick me an an email because sometimes I’m too busy skydiving in the Swiss Alps or diving with great whites in Cape Town to answer a phone.
HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY.
..and remember. YOU.ARE.AWESOME!
“When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!”